The design was selected to frame and enhance the aesthetic appeal and utility of the existing structure.
Key features include:
- A dry creek bed of recycled concrete will traverse the open space. This feature was selected to highlight the underground Cayuga Creek.
- Grasses were included to provide movement and texture in the windy conditions.
- Plants that can traverse the walls of the walkway and fences were selected to minimize the potential of graffiti on these open surfaces.
- Drought tolerant and low maintenance plants were selected to minimize upkeep.
- Olea Europaea, "Swan Hill" (ME)
- Pittosporum Tenufolium (PT)
- Cecile Brunner Bush Rose (CB)
- Phormium Tenax "Red Warrior" (PR)
- Phormium Tenax "Jack Spratt" (PJ)
- Cistus Ladanifer Blanche (CL)
- Ceanothus "Yankee Point" (CC)
- Nasella Tenuissima "Mexican Feather Grass" (NT)
- Festuca Glauca (///)
- Achillea Millefolium Rosea Island Pink
- Eschscholozia California
Click here to view plant selection